Sunday, March 25, 2007

Notes To Myself : - We Lie To Ourselves

Everything in this world comes with a price tag. We buy & get sold everyday on different prices, not compulsorily in the form of currency. The price varies in different forms, happening some time to be love, some time selfishness. I never considered this barter trade to be wrong. The wrongful in my eyes is the lie that we tell ourselves daily.

We start our day by performing the daily ritual of chanting in our minds that whatever we are, whoever we are, however we are, we are right. This illusionary righteousness that captures our persona makes us miles apart from what we truly are.

I have seen people in my life who are submerged in this so completely that they have actually forgotten who they are. I have met people claiming that they always speak truth, funnily this is one of their many lies. I have met people claiming to be living life on their condition, funnily this isn't true a single time as far as I have seen them living. Once I have been told of a boy's blog by a mutual friend that since the start of his blogging activity some two years ago he has vowed to himself that whatever he will enter into his blog will be perfectly true. Perfectly true ? I read his whole blog & I didn't found a single trace of truth other than his personal memoirs. Putting entries of memoirs into blog is truth ? I happened to talk to him once on the phone & found that he is still adamant on his vow.

We do something else & put ourselves in some other way in front of this world. George Bernard Shaw writes that all autobiographies are false. This indeed is a truth. How can we dare write truth about ourselves. Mostly we want respect for those things which even we dislike most in ourselves.

We talk about honesty & all the time we are dishonest. We talk about love & we have never lived a single moment in love other than falling in love with the opposite sex.

I don't consider myself apart from this category. I am too a dishonest person. I lie whenever I am on the verge of defending my secerts. May existence grant me courage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone lies. Those who don't want to accept it, lie to themselves anyway!

Nice blog, this! :)

I exist in infinity

i like! :D

Amit Tiwari अमित तिवारी said...

@ Suraksha

Thats where we all exist : Infinity

Anonymous said...

Everyone lies, but the mirror doesnt..... Can you face yourself in the mirror ..... after those lies......

these are all excuses given by liers.....

Ok for those who agree on lying...then lie for what cause should be the question.... and how often??