Sunday, August 05, 2007

On Friendship


"Man is a civilized animal"- so pens Plato some twenty four centuries ago. Today on friendship day, when I sit back in my home, with my friend, I am forced to put this entry as a token of respect for this day. " Man Needs Friends". By mere coincidence, I happen to be reading these days the climax saga of an amiable friendship of three teenagers popularly known as Harry Potter series. The bond they exhibit is the one that we all yearn for from our infancy-the search of a friend.
The most unfortunate chapter in any human life would be of not having any friend. It simply would display the isolation of one's spirit in order to unveil the personal secret identity which is abandoned from the rest of the world. The only possible way to attain friendship is to recognize the realism of oneness with other. Friendship is nothing other than a mere quality which grants the human soul the very objective of its living.

I have heard of one Madam Blavatsky who used to throw flower seeds during her train journey so that they bloom into beautiful flowers. Once asked she said,'I want to make this world more beautiful'.

This is what I call friendship.
Happy Friendship day to all my readers. May this day never end.

No comments: