Sunday, May 25, 2008

Songs and Things : I Am That

( songs and things is the title of posts that throws light on my daily life. Why songs and things ? because most recently I have discovered that all the things in our life can be made into songs )





I am that .... that what ? Nothing really special. Its just the best title that I thought for the fiction that I am writing.
Coming back from a week long trip I am realizing that I am lazier. Not any realization of wisdom, of course, I was lazy always.
The painting hovering on the top of this post is Tushar Waghela's. Of all the worthless things that he keeps doing in his life, he is a remarkable artist and following his instincts of doing worthless things he has got a new job these days - of forcing me to write a fiction. Anyway, I was already writing short stories but I have started working on the fiction too.
Talking about life, I am doing nothing really other than watching a TV series late night and getting up likewise in the morning, though its never a morning when I get up, its already noon.

Life is good.

Coming back, for writing this fiction I gave up something. Book reading. Very obviously, I cannot read and write at the same time. Last couple of months, I, very generously, read a lot of books. Toni Morrison, Dorris Lessing, Jhumpa Lahiri, Siddharth Sanghvi, Salman Rushdie, Ronald Laing, Csíkszentmihályi (sorry, copy-pasted, cant even pronounce the name) lingered by the side of my bed these past few days.

Life is really good.


No comments: