Friday, June 09, 2006


I am reminded of one of the Freidriech Nietzche's famous qoutes ' To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity. I find it very correct. When I see around , I find everyone has forgotten their purpose of living. What is the ultimate purpose of one's life? Is it not happiness? We go on desiring the things that make us happy. Desires are made up of only three things: sex, power and wealth. We try to find our happiness in basically these three desires. But I have seen many peoples in my life who fulfilled all the three desires and still are not happy. Once fulfilled they ask for more. Therefore happiness and desires cannot be the ultimate purpose of one's life. Then what it is ? This question is insatiable and I believe that the answer will be different for everyone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm...Is desire wrong? Worse: is it immoral? AJ

Amit Tiwari अमित तिवारी said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ripz said...

hmm..a thought provoking post..
Man's never satisfied..Grass always seems greener on the other side..
tc