Saturday, June 10, 2006

RELIGION : DOGMA OR TRUTH




I met one of my grood friends last night who just got married last month. My first obvious question was about his honeymoon destination. I got surprised when he said VAISHNODEVI. I asked him why and he kept on answering my whys untill he said ' I dont know yaar, everyone goes so I am also going'. One may laugh at his answer but that's what we all do when matter of religion comes. We follow the path blindly without even thinking. We get assured when we see people around us doing the same thing. But is religion a path for mass? No, I don't think so . Religion is personal. Religion is a constant growth of one's personality. Being born and brought up in well cultured Brahmin family may have become a curse for me but I made a point to myself that I am not going to imitate anyone. Whatever will I be , I will remain orignal. And it does not matters whether I was born in any other type of religious family( there are many types of religions also). Religion for me, is the science of soul. Have any one heard that a hindu chemistry or hindu physics is different from christian chemistry or christian physics. And when science of matter is not different then how can science of soul be different? And they talk about seperate hindu and christian and muslim etc. etc. gods. I would better like to call myself what Gautam The Buddha termed MADHYAMARGI ( one who walks on the middle path). So, I am not religious nor atheist. Both are names of two different faiths and following any faith is not my style. The actual religion is entirely based upon personal experiences. I am reminded an influential western mystic G. I. Gurdjieff wrote ," If you want to lose your religious faith make friendship with a priest"

Many times i am reminded or i would say cautioned by many peoples that my views about religion are going to lead me NARAK (hell). I simply say them that there are atleast 200 different religions in this world and everyone of them are already going to roast me in their hells b'coz I dont follow them(one can only follow only one religion at a time; very intelligent) ; so when I dont care about 199 of them why should I care about 1 more ( who cares ?).

No comments: