Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oscars : Dust Settled

& the Oscars were announced on the early morning of 26th feb (IST). Though some disappointing turns took place at Kodak Theater this year but still I feel happy for Martin Scorsese. The man in fact deserved it years ago. Still, later the better, he walked with the golden statue, Peter O' Toole will have to wait for another of his life time to make it on the esteemed podium.

My some guesses were hit on the dot, Martin Scorsese, Helen Mirren & Forest Whittaker scored points for me. The biggest disappointment was the award for best picture going to The Departed. It's a good movie but reasonably not good enough to win the prize. I was adamant for Little Miss Sunshine for few reasons. First of all the humor in it. All the rest nominees were plots based on violence in some or the other way, including the queen ( & I give here the right to disagree to everyone). Little miss sunshine, on the other hand had such a subject that was capable enough to light the viewer. There is already enough violence around all of us & seeing that again on a cinematic view is the biggest folly that we tend to do again & again, including me. Little miss sunshine reminded me rather of Woodie Allen's Annie Hall, though both of them had different plot but were of a same idea.

Anyway. the osacars are announced leaving all the doors shut (being a true Indian I always vouch for a backdoor entry). Lets hope the Academy people retain their senses next year.

No comments: